Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

Pretty

Last week, we went to Missouri for a denomination meeting (which I skipped and visited Grandma and Grandpa during) and one of my cousin's wedding. The wedding was out-doors in 105 degree weather. The reception was indoors, which was nice. Mom, Dad, and I went to the reception place to help set stuff up.


That's the cake. The thing that looks like cloth is actually icing. (And the letters behind it aren't the beginning of the alphabet. Those are my cousin's and her husband's initials.)


I thought the reception place was freezing, but everybody else liked it.


I'm surprised the groomsmen didn't pass out. Haha. My other cousins who were in the wedding said that their dresses were really hot, but they were pretty.


The outdoors place was really pretty.

Happy


I really like books, but don't have enough bookshelf room for them. I went through the books and got rid of duplicates and ones I didn't like enough to keep (which is rare) and implanted the Dewey Decimal System.


(That's what that piece of paper is. I don't have it memorized yet.)

It involved pulling all the books off the shelves and moving some of them between rooms so that only the ones I'd use regularly were in my room.

(Mom took the pictures.)

Funny



Lizzie took this picture of Arane and is letting me use it. It's the first picture I've seen that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe and turned purple.


Also, Felix has a tendency to sit like a person and help Dad do his work.


I'm not sure why he does, but it makes him happy and us laugh at him, so we let him. (Felix, not Dad.)



That's what happens when I try to take a picture using flash of a white page. (It's the page in Real.)

Real


That's a page from my copy of The Aeneid. It's a used book which was used by at least two people, both of whom wrote in the book. It's getting hard to see the print anymore. Haha.

You can go here for more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real posts: www.ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining! That baby's expression is priceless!

    ReplyDelete