On November 1, every year for centuries, Christians remember the other Christians who have died. Only Catholics, as far as I know, are the ones who pray for the saints. Most Lutherans probably ignore All Saint's Day, but some will actually remember the saints. (Also, all Christians are saints. Even the alive Christians. But I wouldn't go up to Aly and say, "Hey, Saint Aly, how're you?" because that'd be goofy.
On, and Reformation Day is a civil holiday in Germany, according to Brigitte--a native German in my Greek class and one of Dad's classmates.
Also, go here for a good post by Veith: http://www.geneveith.com/2012/10/31/reforming-the-church/. (I don't know if Veith is a pastor, lay-person, professor, or what. We always call him Veith around the house.)
Also, go here for a good post by Veith: http://www.geneveith.com/2012/10/31/reforming-the-church/. (I don't know if Veith is a pastor, lay-person, professor, or what. We always call him Veith around the house.)

Very nice Reformation Day post! :)
ReplyDelete