Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The New Pope

The new pope has been elected! (This is the first Big World-wide Church Deal that I remember distinctly during my life. So it's exciting. Normally this is stuff I read about in Eusebius, but never really happens.)

Here's the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/world/europe/cardinals-elect-new-pope.html?_r=0

And Veith says this: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2013/03/the-mother-of-all-lock-ins/

(Once I saw a Pope's finger in an art museum when I was about five. I knew it was a relic, and that the lady who bowed in front of it was trying to knock off time in Purgatory, but knew that I shouldn't do it. And I don't know to whom the finger belonged.)

(And I am most emphatically Lutheran, but do know a lot about the Roman Catholic church. Because the Lutherans split from the Catholics, so I figured I should know about Roman Catholic theology. But I don't agree with it all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment