Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

Pretty


This is my garden. It has a shasta daisy, prairie mallow, some geraniums, pansies (most of which have already been ripped up, but I left some because they're still alive and it's not completely hot enough to kill them yet), petunias, and some other things I forget the names of but looked pretty. I tried planting flowers from seeds, but the day after I planted them, there was a tornado so I think they all got washed away and left massive weeds which I had to dig into the ground to get out. Most of the flowers were on clearance at the store, too. All of them together cost about thirty dollars (counting the daisy, prairie mallow, and pansies). There's also a lily from some Easter decorations in there. I forgot where it was and dug it up while digging up the weeds. Hopefully it'll survive.














Happy


This is Dummy. He's a robin which we met last week. He sat for hours on our front window sill and Mom took this picture of him. I named him Dummy because he still has the dumb, goofy baby look on.






Funny


Dad sometimes makes startling speeches in his sermons. Week-before-last on Pentecost Sunday/Memorial Weekend, he said, "It's not Memorial Day. Memorial Day is Monday. Today is Pentecost Sunday." Mom went to Wal-Mart and got these little American flags because of the startling speech. I think it's funny.






Real


Somebody set fire to our van, which we loaned to a family from church. It caught fire in the middle of the night and set the apartment on fire and exploded. (And was on the front page of the newspaper with a typo in it which said, "...south-west of time" instead of "...south-west of town" on it. That typo gave a story idea which so far has nothing to do with exploding vans.)







That dent was from before the explosion. Somebody backed into the telephone pole about a month after we got the van.

(Nobody was hurt in either the pole-backing-into or the explosion/fire.)

You can go here for more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real posts: www.ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com

Also, I have two new books for sale on Amazon and CreateSpace. Here are the links. I think they'll open up into new windows. They should because I checked the little box thingy on the link gizmo.

This song is very applicable to me, especially since we're traveling a lot this June, starting whenever Arane is born probably. I agree with Xanthias (the second singer, the one who hates to travel). It's from The Frogs by Stephan Sondheim, based off of The Frogs by Aristophanes. 

1 comment: