I got a new camera! Mom found it for about 50 dollars and it works really well.
Pretty
This is our altar at church. A church in our denomination in Iowa gave us oil filled candles for free. Oil filled candles normally cost 5 million dollars each. We just had to go pick them up. So they waited at Fort Wayne Semminary for a few months before Mom, Dad, and I went up to pick them up and go to a used bookstore. (The flowers are fake. And that's not the floor that the cross is on--it's the wall. I'm just so short and the cross is so tall that it comes out funny looking in pictures.)
That piece of paper is where Dad reads the prayers.
Happy
I found this cloth at a quilting store near by. They're all fat quarters and for a baby quilt. I'm going to make it after I finish two other quilts. (One for me and one for one of the people Dad visits.) These have ducks playing in the rain, rain drops, umbrellas, and orange fabric. I like the ducks or the umbrellas the best, but there wasn't enough to do a quilt of just ducks or just umbrellas, so Mom and I hunted through the fat quarter bin looking for matching fabric.
Funny
This is Mom's pet squirrel. A friend of ours is a farmer and he gave Mom a five gallon bucket full of corn last fall after she scavenged for corn in his already harvested corn field. (He didn't care because the combine can't get EVERY piece of corn there. It sometimes misses parts.) So the squirrel is getting really fat.
Real
This is the most recent book I've published through CreateSpace. It can be found at CreateSpace or Amazon.
Like Mother, Like Daughter has more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real posts right here: http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/

Nice post! Nutkin is so cute! The candles came from Ohio, not Iowa, btw. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics! They will make a really adorable quilt.
ReplyDeleteOh. Well...Somewhere over there, Mom. I couldn't remember which town it was.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Great deal on the camera!
ReplyDelete